Something Unforgettable at Artswells THIS WEEKEND!
If you have the time and capacity to treat yourself to a truly unique experience this weekend, I have three simple words for you…. GO TO ARTSWELLS. My wife and I decided to take our family to the festival on a whim a few years ago. Our minds were completely blown. Few events possess offer such a genuinely distinct face as Arstwells. We fell completely in love with it’s spectacular diversity.
Each year, the small mountain town of Wells transforms into a music and arts festival which reaches across a variety of genres. Literally every available space in the township is converted into a performance space or workshop area. The streets are full with attendees, artists, singers all embodying the song of life at it’s very fullest. For us, the festival has become something we look forward to each year. It is completely family friendly and offers a smorgasbord of musical talent that is not to be missed.
This year, some of our Scene PG team will be on hand capture the feel of Artswells during the festival so if you are attending, come up and say “Halloo!”. Since free WiFi will be offered to the entire town for the event courtesy of ABC Communications, we will be posting live from the event on each day (guaranteed online posts for any “Halloo!”).
My recommendation (and professional opinion) is to take the 2 plus hour journey into the mountains and set your sights on an unforgettable time at Artswells this weekend.
The ArtsWells Festival Includes:
· Over 100 musical performances on 12 stages – folk, hip-hop, electronic, world, pop, roots, jazz, country, funk
· Over 20 different Workshops to attend where you can learn everything from Ukrainian dance to lyric writing to clowning and so much more
· Activities for kids including a crafting station, a children’s stage and workshops geared towards children
· Screenings of independent films as well as local theatre productions
· The 19th International One Minute Play Festival
· A host of inter-genre literary performances and workshops including storytelling/writing, poetry, and the unexpected
· A visual ArtWalk around the town of Wells
· Artisans selling their wares
· Discounts to local attractions like Barkerville Historic Town – where you can catch more ArtsWells musical acts just 8 km down the road
· Free Wifi provided by ABC Communications
FOR THE FULL LINE_UP